The fraternity and sorority system at Rensselaer is one of the first to be established on a university campus in the United States, founded in 1853. We are proud to continue to celebrate this rich heritage and more than 160 years of value and tradition through a unique opportunity to help current chapters in good standing. For so many at Rensselaer, the past two years have been filled with challenges, testing the resolve and resiliency of our community as a result of the pandemic. In particular, members of the fraternities and sororities on campus were impacted financially, with many unable to pay bills related to housing and other related costs due to loss of revenue.
Fraternity and sorority alumni leaders were eager to provide support to these chapters, and partnered with Institute leaders in Student Life and Institute Advancement to explore practical and meaningful ways to provide assistance and support during these challenging times. Today, you can make a difference by making a gift to support fraternities and sororities at Rensselaer:
- The Fraternity and Sorority Chapter Support Fund – Pandemic Relief: This fund was established for fraternities and sororities that are recognized and in good standing with the Institute to establish individual and dedicated chapter funds to assist with specific operational costs, specifically mortgage payments, utility expenses, and essential house renovations or repairs. Donations to these individual fraternity and sorority chapter funds are fully tax deductible and, in addition to being applied to each chapter, will be counted as part of the chapter’s lifetime giving to Rensselaer.
- Participating Chapters: The following fraternities and sororities who have chosen to establish a Fraternity and Sorority Chapter Support Fund: Acacia, Alpha Chi Rho, Alpha Epsilon Pi, Chi Phi, Delta Kappa Epsilon, Delta Phi, Phi Mu Delta, Phi Sigma Kappa, Pi Lambda Phi, Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Tau Epsilon Phi, Theta Xi, Zeta Psi
- Fraternity and Sorority Scholarship Fund: Awarded annually to students with the greatest need in the Greek Life system, a Fraternity and Sorority Scholarship Fund was established by Board of Trustees Chair Arthur F. Golden ’66, to continue our commitment to the financial needs of students in fraternities and sororities.
- Fraternity and Sorority Commons Fund: Also established by Board of Trustees Chair Arthur F. Golden ’66 and his wife, Elisabeth, this fund helps provide financial support to the fraternity and sorority community. This fund will support student leadership opportunities, improvements to physical spaces, and overall support of the recognized fraternity and sorority community.
- Fraternity and Sorority Development Fund: The Fraternity and Sorority Development Fund has been providing support to educational and leadership program opportunities for fraternities and sororities since 1991. Gifts to this fund support development opportunities for chapters, including leadership workshops and conferences, alumni workshops and professional workshops, campus speakers, conference registration fees, and fraternity and sorority promotional materials.
Your gift today will also count toward the Chapter Champion Challenge!
A coveted trophy will be awarded to the fraternity or sorority with the highest participation in giving from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
SigEp holds the current title of Chapter Champion.